I just finished drafting a lengthy to do list for this week.
Why I love TO DO lists:
- a visual representation of the many thoughts constantly flowing in my head
- a chance to figure out what I need to plan for ahead of time
- a tool to track my achievements (no matter how small)
- a chance to use my new multicoloured felt tip pens
- a way for me to prioritize
Why I loathe TO DO lists:
- a visual representation of my failures
- a chance to see where I neglected to plan ahead
- a tool to track my lack of achievement (no matter how big)
- a chance for my new felt tip pens to run out
- a way for me misjudge my priorities
I guess it really all is about perspective.
Same list, same task, different feelings.
I will remember that this week as I help my students navigate the multitude of “TO DOs” in their school life.